1. Warming up: Open your essay and compose a quick note to me (Ms. Leclaire) at the top. Give me two specific things you'd like me to focus on as I give you feedback. The more specific, the better.
For example, you could say...
"Hi, Ms. Leclaire! I would be eternally grateful if you could give me feedback on the following two items:
1. Whether or not my sentences of analysis connect back to my thesis
2. If my topic sentences are specific enough
2. Writing, writing, writing: Remember that the second body paragraph should be complete by the end of class today
3. Taking a quick breather and peer editing using the new yellow sheet (15 minutes); please use this to give feedback on the second body paragraph. Remember that you need to leave specific suggestions for improvement on the yellow sheet or the Google doc.
4. Revising, writing, revising, writing that second body paragraph
1. Finish revising your body paragraphs; they should look pretty darn good when you walk into class tomorrow.
2. Banned book reading (one and a half weeks left, kids).
3. You should already have this written down, but just in case:
Here is the official essay timeline:
Wednesday, Feb 18: Complete second body paragraph due by the end of class
Thursday, Feb 19: Introduction due by the end of class
Friday: Feb 20: Conclusion due by the beginning of class; entire rough draft should be complete. Submit it to the "Macbeth Rough Draft" folder in www.turnitin.com by 3:00 pm.
Thursday, Feb 26: Final draft due