1. Warming up: With your "I Like People" group, share some of your best questions from "The Yellowpaper" and try to answer them; remember to jot down some notes on your grid
2. Sharing with the large group your best question and the best comment you had in your group
3. Returning your green reading charts from the Auden poem and explaining grades
4. Practicing a little more with asking great questions
- Modeling a sample page from the middle
- Trying it out with the second half of the story
5. Activating your background knowledge
- What should we research?
- The rest cure
- Weir Mitchell
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman
- Postpartum depression
- Anything else?
- How does our research help inform our understanding of "The Yellow Wallpaper"? Select ONE topic to research, then find at least THREE places in the story that your research helps you understand. In the margins, explain what new understanding you've achieved thanks to this research.
1. Finish today's research activity (see directions right above in blue).
2. Independent reading.