1. Warming up with some of the smart things you said about cyclical structure
Follow up questions:
Based on Chapter 4, what prediction would you make for George, Lennie, and Candy in terms of their chance of achieving the dream? Why?
2. Recapping the beginning of Chapter 5
- Reread pages 88 and 89.
- Which details contradict our previous impressions of her as a bully?
- Why do you think Steinbeck offers us this information about Curley's wife?
3. Acting out the rest of Chapter 5 and completing your Chapter 5 reading journal
Thesis of the day:
The puppy that Lennie kills in Chapter 5 symbolizes ______________ because _____________.
The death of Curley's wife symbolizes ________________ because _______________.
4. Trying out Subject-Verb Agreement, Part 2 on www.noredink.com
1. Please finish Subject-Verb Agreement, Part 2 tonight.
2. Finish your Chapter 5 journal entry/annotations if you did not finish in class.
3. Friday, September 26 is the end of 6 weeks; if you have any make-up work or revisions to complete, please do so before then. Also, if you'd like to retake any grammar quizzes, you can do so on Friday during class.