1. The results are in! Revisiting a few items from NoRedInk that daunted you...
2. Manipulating your customer with color
In advertising, what emotions do you think the following colors are meant to evoke? Try to think of a brand that utilizes each of these colors in their ads:
3. Analyzing the complex little worlds of commercials
Please click HERE for the reading journal and dedicate one row to each of the following "layers":
Layer 1: The visual (What images do you see?)
Layer 2: The music (What kind of music/background noise do you hear?)
Layer 3: The voiceover (What words are being spoken? What kind of voice is speaking them?)
Layer 4: The text (What words appear on screen? Does this commercial have a slogan?)
Layer 5: The product (What is being advertised? To whom? What aspects of this product are being emphasized in this commercial?)
4. Trying out our newfound skills with your favorite commercials
1. Prepare for your mini apostrophe QUIZ tomorrow by revising yesterday's assignment.
2. Bring your independent reading book to class tomorrow.
3. If you're planning on purchasing your own copy of Of Mice and Men, you will need it next Monday.