1. Testing your mastery of apostrophes: Taking Quiz: Apostrophes, Part 1 on www.noredink.com
- The first answer you submit will determine whether your answer is marked correct or incorrect.
- Once you have completed the quiz, please go back through your incorrect answers and rework them until you come to the right answer and you understand why it's the right answer.
- Quizzes will go in the "Growth" category; once a month, you will have a cumulative test that will go in the "Mastery" category.
2. Relaxing into the world of independent reading
3. Finishing yesterday's activity on analyzing commercials; applying those same skills to analyzing a film clip (click HERE for a new reading journal)
1. Independent reading
2. Please watch the short movie clip from Batman Begins linked HERE; fill in at least one side of the reading journal to unravel the layers of this clip. Here a few things to keep an eye (and ear) out for:
a. The visual: Important images, colors, movements, postures, clothes, facial expressions, etc.
b. The music: How would you describe it? What tone does it help create?
c. The voices: What words are spoken out loud? Why are they important?
d. The central character: What can we infer about him and how?