1. Warm-up: Sharing research with partners
- What did you learn?
- Which parts of the story did it help you understand?
- What larger understanding of the story does it help create?
2. Finishing "bigger picture" statements and posting the best of the best on the blog
3. Introducing you to the world of noredink.com
- Setting up your accounts: Our class code is 7ckhedcd
- Playing around on the website
- Time to start your first assignment: Apostrophes 1
1. Find your favorite commercial (that's appropriate for class) and "bring" it class tomorrow; in other words, be prepared to quickly pull it up on youtube.
2. Start working on your first NoRedInk assignment (Apostrophes 1), which is due Thursday (tomorrow!); the QUIZ is on Friday.
3. Bring your independent reading book to class on Friday.
4. If you're planning on purchasing your own copy of Of Mice and Men, you will need it next Monday.