Focus: How can we improve our essay writing skills?
PLC: Shortened Class
Please click HERE for today's editing presentation.
1. Warming up with peer editing your summaries and thesis statements
2. Previewing and color coding what the summary-response looks like
3. Working on leading into your quotations with context and leading out with close readings (basically, this is writing the rough draft of response)
1. Finish a rough draft of your response paragraph by following today's lesson on leading into your quotations with context and leading out with close readings.
2. Edit your summary and thesis based on today's peer editing.
3. Study for tomorrow's grammar quiz on quote transitions; please bring your independent reading book on Friday as well.