Focus: How do we prepare and deliver a compelling speech?
If you have not yet signed up for your fishbowl dates or your book talk date, please do so today.
1. Warming up with happy Monday thoughts
2. Entertaining you with good book talks from years past
It all starts with excellent planning and writing; click HERE for a written version of one my student's excellent book talks from last year. Click HERE for another one.
Use your slides sparingly.
Practice, practice, practice. What does a bad speech look like? What does a compelling speech look like? We need a model.
3. Giving you some work time on your book talks
4. Introducing you to the world of www.quizlet.com and learning the Kite Runner vocabulary words for Chapters 1-6 (see The Kite Runner page on my website for more information about vocabulary)
1. Finish reading and annotating/journaling Chapters 5 and 6 for a practice fishbowl discussion tomorrow
2. Finish making your quizlet vocabulary cards for Chapters 1-6 by Wednesday; there will be a quiz over these words on Friday (throughout this unit, Friday quizzes will cover vocabulary instead of grammar).
3. If you plan to read another independent reading book, please bring it on Friday.