If you have not yet signed up for your fishbowl dates or your book talk, please do so now.
1. Warming up with HAPPY TUESDAY!
2. Reviewing Level 1 and Level 2 questions and forming sample fishbowl questions
Sample Level 1 and 2 Questions:
- What happened to Amir's mother?
- How does the way Amir's mother died impact Amir's relationship with his father?
- What was happening politically in Afghanistan in the 1970s?
- How does the political unrest of Afghanistan mirror the inner turmoil of Amir's family?
To prepare for our sample fishbowl today, please prepare FIVE questions with your assigned partner on Chapters 4, 5, and 6 (look to your journals and sticky notes for help). At least FOUR of them should be Level 2 questions, but feel free to ask a Level 1 question about anything that's confusing you.
Wondering what to do on the outer circle? Click HERE to see a sample fishbowl blog.
3. Trying out fishbowl discussion in fifteen minute intervals so that you get to try out at least two of the roles
4. Debriefing what worked well and what didn't work so well in today's practice fishbowl
1. Please finish making flashcards for Chapters 1-6 Kite Runner vocabulary by tomorrow; I suggest that you use www.quizlet.com, but if you have another app, that's fine. You only need to make flashcards for the words you don't know. Vocabulary quiz this Friday.
2. Read Chapters 7 and 8 for Thursday. It's going to be a rough read. Very sad. Please prepare five annotations for this reading assignment (journal entries or sticky notes).
3. If you'd like to read another independent reading book, please bring it to class on Friday.