Please bring home the letter on parent-teacher conferences and make sure your parents understand that I will only be at conferences on Wednesday night.
1. Warming up with a quick mini lesson on colons and semicolons
2. Enjoying and analyzing the film version of Of Mice and Men (while I FINALLY give you credit for your annotations and reading journals for Chapters 4-6)
As you watch, please include a few notes on the following:
- What does the film add that wasn't in the book?
- What does the film delete that was in the book?
- Why do you think the film made these changes? What do you think of them?
3. Wrapping up with a quick thesis:
The film version of Of Mice and Men changes _____________ by _____________ in order to illustrate that _________________.
1. FINAL DRAFTS ARE DUE OCTOBER 13. The grade you receive on this final draft is, in fact, final, so please see me or e-mail me if you need more feedback on your rough draft.
2. Finish your independent reading book by tomorrow and BRING IT TO CLASS.
3. Prepare for tomorrow's www.noredink.com quiz on Colons and Semicolons