Focus: What symbols and patterns are emerging in The Truman Show?
1. Warming up with happy Monday thoughts
2. Questioning the film in grid groups: what are you wondering so far? How many images of dead-ends can you think of from last week? What might they suggest?
3. Watching The Truman Show and focusing on the following in your notes:
This document will eventually be worth 40 points in the growth category.
Include the following categories in your notes:
a. Characters: Names, personality traits, clothes, things they say
b. Motifs/symbols: Specific objects that seem symbolic, what they might represent, and how they change throughout the film
c. Questions: Level 1, 2, and 3 questions; try to answer them at the end of the film
d. Connections to Fahrenheit 451: Be specific and original (these will form the backbone of your essay)
4. Wrapping up: Post one specific connection you've discovered between The Truman Show and F451
1. Study the remaining words in your F451 vocabulary packets; quiz Friday.
2. If you're delivering your banned book speech Friday, prepare and rehearse.