Focus: How can we develop and strengthen our writing by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach? (Common Core Writing Standard 4)
1. Warming up: Reading my feedback and setting some goals for today
Today, I'm going to become a better writer by...
2. Revising your first body paragraph
3. Using the feedback on your first body paragraph to form an effective second body paragraph
4. Offering you a few thoughts about conclusions
Your goal: To finish the second body paragraph before you leave class today and to meet the goal you set for yourself at the beginning of class.
1. Finish your second body paragraph if you did not finish in class today.
2. Compose your conclusion paragraph by Monday.
3. Final, final drafts due Friday, April 24.
4. Book-film club proposals due tomorrow as you walk in the door.
(Meet in here tomorrow first, then we'll travel to the Forum to hear the counselors.)