Focus: How do we lay the organizational groundwork for book clubs and the synthesis essay?
1. Warming up: Introducing you to book clubs! Overview, letter, and time to browse
Click here for a list of upstanding books made into upstanding films.
Click here for a student-generated list.
Click here for a list of books recently made into films.
2. . Warming up your reader: What differentiates an "A" introduction from a "D" introduction? Writing your own "A" quality introductions
3. Breaking down the anatomy of a body paragraph, old-school style and starting to draft your own
1. Finish your introduction and first body paragraph before class tomorrow.
2. Work on your book club proposals, due Friday, April 17.