Focus: How can we develop and strengthen our writing by planning, revising, editing, rewriting, or trying a new approach? (Common Core Writing Standard 4)
1. Warming up with your future book clubs and finalizing your choices
NOW IS THE TIME TO MAKE SURE YOUR INTRO AND FIRST BODY PARAGRAPH ARE IN A CLEAN DOCUMENT (NOT IN THE OUTLINE).
TITLE THE DOCUMENT "___________ (your last name) F451 ESSAY" AND SHARE IT WITH ME RIGHT NOW.
2. Engaging in a self-help round of admitting our weaknesses
"Hi. My name is________________, and I ___________________ (admit your writing weakness)."
"Hi, ________________. I can help."
2. Peer editing each other's body paragraphs
Round 1: Give feedback on the weakness your partner just identified
Round 2: Follow along with Ms. Leclaire's presentation (help me help you, kids)
3. Offering you some time to revise your first body paragraph and start composing your second
1. A heads-up: I will be giving you feedback and a completion grade today (you should have an intro and one body paragraph at least).
2. Please finish revising your first body paragraph; write about half of your second body paragraph (your goal will be to finish it by the end of class tomorrow).
3. Book-film club proposals due this Friday (no signatures required yet)
4. Final drafts due Friday, April 24. Late essays are penalized five points a day.
5. Turn in your school copies of F451 as soon as you're done with them.