1. Warming up with a brief and enjoyable quiz on capitalization
2. Performing Act 1, Scenes 2 and 3
Directions: Each time you find a speech, a line, or even a word that responds to any of the questions below, please mark it with a sticky note.
- What do we learn about Macbeth? What kind of guy are we dealing with here?
- What do we learn about the other characters?
- Which things happen by chance, and which things happen by choice? In other words, what is determined by the characters' actions, and what seems out of their control?
The big, deep question:
- Respond to the focus question: How do the witches infect Act 1, scenes 2 and 3? Try to find at least three specific moments in which you see the infection spreading.
4. Introducing your independent reading focus of second semester: Banned books
1. If your word has appeared in the first three scenes of Act 1, complete a word trace entry for each time it has appeared. Be sure to follow the directions and the example very closely.
2. Start considering what you might read for your banned book; complete the proposal and get your parents' signatures by next Friday, January 16.