Wednesday, January 28, 2015

All Boys, All Blogged: January 28, 2015

Focus: How can preparing a performance help us understand characters and themes from Macbeth?

1. Warming up with a grammar reminder: Thank you Griffin, for this entertaining e-mail (and thanks to everyone else who has sent theirs--they're fantastic!)

Dear Ms. Leclaire,

Thank you for letting the class pick our acting companies for the Macbeth Act 3 activity. I think that our group will do a good job with completing the scene we were assigned very well.

I am writing you to inform you that I will be fighting a dragon this weekend so I don't know if I will be able to come to class because I will be preparing my weapons and amor for the battle. I know that there could be a grammar test that I will miss, but I would like to see if I could pick up some of the other activities I will miss?

Thank you for the help!

Sincerely,
Griffin Eiber
2. Gathering together with ye acting companies to prepare scenes from Act 3

Reminder #1: Act 3 performances take place tomorrow, so use your time efficiently today.

Acting Company #1: Act 3, scene 1, lines 1-51 ("Bring them before us")
Acting Company #2: Act 3, scene 1, lines 52 ("To be thus is nothing) - end of scene.
Acting Company #3: Act 3, scene 2 (all)
Acting Company #4: Act 3, scene 3 (all)
Acting Company #5: Act 3, scene 4, lines 1-103 ("Than such a murder is.")
Acting Company #6: Act 3, scene 4, lines 104 ("My worthy lord") - end of scene.

3. Deciding who is bringing what tomorrow

Reminder #2: Please share the studyguide / quiz you're creating with your group with me before you leave class.

HW:
1. By tomorrow, please send a professional e-mail a teacher. It can be a made-up e-mail to me if you're just doing it for practice, but if you actually need to ask a teacher, coach, or boss something, go ahead and send it to them and copy me into the e-mail.  

2. Create word traces tonight and tomorrow for Act 3; you may wish to use the Harvard Concordance link on my website. By the end of this week, you should have least FIVE entries (see my feedback at the top of your Google docs).

3. Bring in any costumes, props, music, etc for your performance tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment