1. Warming up with happy Monday Boom cards
2. Glimpsing your own future
a. Looking ahead to banned books
b. Considering some (im)possible prophecies
- Each of you will receive two slips of paper: One with "a prophet" and one with "a prophecy."
- Create a two-columned chart on your "Ye Ole Daily Log" document with "believable" on one side and "unbelievable" on the other side.
- As we pass around the slips of paper, decide whether not you find each "prophet" is believable, as well as which "prophecies" are believable. Write them in the appropriate columns.
c. Discussion: Which ones were believable and why? Which ones were unbelievable and why? What do we like to believe in?
3. Finish acting out 1.3
- How does Macbeth respond to the witches' prophecies? Why does he respond this way?
- How does Banquo respond to the witches' prophecies? Why?
- How would you have responded?
What do these scenes suggest about trust and deception?
1. Complete word trace entries for each time your word appeared in our reading today.
2. Banned book proposal and signatures due this Friday (see link in Friday's homework and handout from today). You should also bring a copy of your banned book.
3. Just a heads-up: Tomorrow we will have a "capitalization relearn" that will give you a chance to earn back points on Friday's quiz.