1. Warming up with a chance to improve your capitalization quiz
2. Finishing Act 1, Scene 4: What does this scene suggest about trust and deception?
3. Enjoying a brief musical interlude with Mumford and Sons: "Roll Away Your Stone"
- In each stanza, highlight or mark what you see as the most significant line/phrase.
- What does the line, "Stars, hide your fires" mean?
- Who do you think the "you" is? In other words, to whom is the speaker talking?
- What do you think this song is about?
- Why does this song reference Macbeth? Find specific connections between the song and the play.
4. Getting to know Lady Macbeth
a. Interpreting an image of Macbeth and Lady Macbeth
b. Acting out the rest of Act 1 with a focus on trust and deception.
1. Banned book proposal, signatures, and actual book due Friday.
2. Complete word traces for today's reading; PLEASE SHARE IT WITH ME (Your last name Word Trace)