1. Warming up by easing the confusion of commonly confused words
2. Acting out Act 2, scenes 3 and 4: Using your sticky notes, please take charge of the following:
- If your card is a heart...please mark any lines that a show the goodness and/or guilt in a character's heart
- If your card is a diamond..please mark and analyze the use of sounds in these scenes. These can be actual sounds in the stage directions and also sounds referenced in characters' speeches.
- If your card is a club...please keep track of all references to nature (weather, birds, water, etc) and consider how nature reflects what's happening onstage.
- If your card is a spade...please keep track of all references to fear. What does each character fear, and how does this fear affect him or her?
3. Circling back to your blog comments from yesterday and applying them to Act 2: Can we forgive Macbeth for what he's done? Can the universe forgive him? Can he move on?
4. If time allows, viewing the film version of 2.1 with a symbolic focus
1. Update your word trace entries for Act 2, scenes 3 and 4. I'm hoping everyone has at least three entries.
2. Brief quiz tomorrow on commonly confused words.
3. Bring your banned book to class tomorrow.