Focus: What's starting to shift in The Kite Runner, and why are these shifts important?
1. Warming up with a rousing round of book talks!
2. Enjoying an intellectually stimulating discussion of The Kite Runner, Chapters 17 and 18
3. Wrapping up: Reflect on an important shift or make a prediction
1. Read and annotate Chapters 19 and 20 for Tuesday's fishbowl discussion; leaders should prepare the syllabus.
2. If you have an upcoming book talk, please prepare and rehearse it. Think about the very first thing you're going to say to us, and try to grab our attention.
3. Bring The Kite Runner, your hero's journey chart, and your sticky notes/blue journals to class on Monday.