Focus: How can we augment our vocabularies and reading skills?
1. Warming up with a rousing round of book talks!
2. Looking over your words from Chapters 11-14 and dominating the vocabulary quiz
(Optional: Retaking any grammar quizzes from the past seven weeks)
3. Relaxing into your independent reading books (or catching up with The Kite Runner)
1. Please read and annotate Chapters 22 and 23 for next Tuesday's fishbowl discussion.
2. Just a quick heads-up: On Monday, we have a timed writing based on a passage from The Kite Runner. You don't need to study for it, but you may wish to look over the two essays you've written so far (your pre-assessment on the Icarus poem and the Of Mice and Men summary-response).