1. Warming up: Since this Friday marks the end of 12 weeks, I would like you to take a moment to look carefully at your grades for this class, keeping in mind the following:
- All make-up work, late work, and redos/retakes must be completed by this Friday for credit. This includes missed fishbowl blogs, retakes on quizzes, Kite Runner annotations/journal entries, grammar assignments, and any other work collected over the past six weeks.
- Remember that if you missed an outer circle day on the fishbowl, you must make up the blog by e-mailing me an extended response that includes at least one quotation from the assigned chapters.
- If you are planning to make up any grades, please speak with me or e-mail me right now to develop a plan to ensure it gets taken care of by this Friday.
- If your grades in this class are fine, then use this time to look up the two goals that you sent me a few weeks ago after our conference (one reading goal, one writing goal). Are you working towards those goals right now? If not, what do you need to do?
2. Fishbowl #3: Discussing Chapters 14, 15, and 16 in The Kite Runner
3. Wrapping up fishbowl with take-aways and questions
1. Start reading and annotating Chapters 17 and 18 for Friday's fishbowl discussion; leaders should start preparing the syllabus.
2. If you have an upcoming book talk, please prepare and rehearse it.
3. Remember that this Friday marks the end of the 12 week period. All make-up work, late work, and redos/retakes must be completed by this Friday for credit.