1. Warming up with a few interesting symbols
a. What's a hearth?
b. What's a salamander?
c. What's significant about 451 degrees?
d. What's a phoenix?
e. How many references to fire can you find in the first 28 pages?
Try this out on the blog: Fire in F451 symbolizes __________ but also _______________.
2. Enjoying our first fishbowl discussion on F451
3. Wrapping up: What worked? What didn't work? Suggestions?
1. For Thursday, please read through page 40 in F451 and complete one side of your observation chart. Make sure you're bringing these each day of the week for random check-ins.
2. Start prepping for your banned book persuasive speech (esp. if that means finishing your book).
3. Just a heads up: You will be taking a short break from www.noredink.com to understand Bradbury's challenging vocabulary!