Focus: What aspects of our society is Bradbury warning us about?
1. Warming up: Questioning so called "reality" TV
Viewing a quick clip on The Hunger Games and how "reality" TV affects our lives
Brainstorming a few concepts together...
a. What is reality TV?
b. What types/genres of reality TV have you noticed?
c. To what extent is reality TV real, and to what extent is it fake?
d. Why do you think reality TV has become so popular? Why do we watch it?
e. In Fahrenheit 451, how does TV fictionalize the end of Montag's chase? Why?
For ideas, please peruse this article on reality TV.
2. Enjoying our final fishbowl together: The ending of Fahrenheit 451
3. Wrapping up: What is your big takeaway from this novel?
1. Start studying words 16-30 in your F451 vocabulary packets; quiz this Friday.
2. If you're delivering your banned book speech this Friday, start preparing and rehearsing.