Focus: How can we strengthen the content of our synthesis essays?
1. Warming up with a self-help round of admitting our weaknesses
"Hi. My name is________________, and I ___________________ (admit your writing weakness)."
"Hi, ________________. I can help."
2. Peer editing each other's body paragraphs
Round 1: Give feedback on the weakness your partner just identified
Round 2: Follow along with Ms. Leclaire's presentation (help me help you, kids)
3. Offering you some ideas for your conclusions and giving your time to compose and revise
1. A heads-up: I will be giving you feedback and a completion grade tonight (you should have an intro and two body paragraphs at least).
2. Please finish writing your conclusion and revising your two body paragraphs. Tomorrow will be our final day of in-class editing.
3. Final drafts due this Friday, December 12. Late essays are penalized five points a day.
4. Turn in your school copies of The Kite Runner as soon as you're done with them.