Focus: How can the hero's journey deepen our understanding of The Kite Runner?
1. Warming up with happy Monday thoughts!
2. Offering you a quick and engaging overview of Joseph Campbell's hero's journey
As you watch, please take out your hero's journey charts (or your hero's journey Google doc) and take notes on how the different steps are being defined.
3. Viewing one of Joseph Campbell's lectures on the hero's journey and Star Wars
Continue with your notes; these will help you significantly when you start writing your essay in the second half of class today.
4. Brainstorming how Amir's heroic journey compares and contrasts to the hero's journey of your choice; by the end of class, please complete both columns in your hero's journey chart.
1. If you did not finish your hero's journey chart in class today, please finish it tonight.
2. Complete Step Two on your blue handout, which is the four-columned graphic organizer on the back of the first page.
3. Start making flashcards for your vocabulary quiz over the final Kite Runner list; quiz this Friday.