1. Warming up: Listening to the openings from two "real" mock/documentaries:
Example #1: Remember Epic?
Example #2: Supersize Me
Your task: As you listen, describe the opening of each script, typing up powerful words, phrases, and tactics.
2. Showing me your timeline if you have not yet done so
3. Composing a rough draft of your script with a focus on the following aspects:
It should have a powerful opening and closing.
It needs smooth transitions between years/events.
This is a great place to show off your creative voice; choose your words carefully.
You need to have it written out EXACTLY as it will be narrated.
***Click HERE for a sample script from last year.***
4. Explaining how your work habits for this project are being graded:
You start off with 50 points in the Growth category (5 work days left, 10 points each).
You lose a point each time you...
- Distract or are distracted by someone sitting near you
- Play on your cell phone
- Do other homework
- Use language inappropriate to class
- Pack up early
1. You must have a rough draft of your script completed before the start of class Wednesday.
2. Assigned book film club reading for tomorrow; be sure to bring your book to class.
3. ALL REVISIONS AND MAKE-UP WORK ARE DUE THURSDAY, MAY 14.