Focus: How can we combine our ability to invent with our ability analyze history?
1.Warming up: Which projection into the future is stronger and why?
Projection #1: In the year 2021, Apple releases a new version of iPod that is smaller, comes in various colors and patterns, and can be worn as jewelry.
Projection #2: In the year 2021, Apple releases iChip 1, an iPod that measures one millimeter by one millimeter and can be implanted directly into the tympanic cavity of the ear. Although the iChip has to be surgically implanted, it is an outpatient procedure costing less than a typical professional teeth whitening session. Many recipients of the iChip 1, however, complain about the inability to turn the iChip off, finding themselves tormented by constant noise and unable to think or concentrate.
2. Offering you an overview of the timeline (click here for an example)
3. Finishing your annotated research and creating your timeline
1. Please finish your timeline before class on Monday. You will need a completed timeline before you can compose your script.
2. Assigned book club reading for Tuesday; make sure you bring your books to class on Tuesday.
3. Please make sure your book-film club website address is shared with me. Don't worry about the characterization activity yet.