1. Warming up: Happy Monday journaling and celebrating a few A+ blogs!
2. Recapping Friday's reading strategy and trying out background knowledge with some tougher paintings
3. Reading the myth of Daedalus and Icarus (which you can access by clicking HERE)
Making sense of the myth with your reading chart; if you prefer to type, please click HERE for an online version of the chart.
Please use an entire side of paper to analyze this story by doing the following:
- Isolating the significant little pieces of the story (just as you did with the paintings on Friday).
- Drawing inferences/larger conclusions from those pieces.
- Don't worry about the third column yet.
5. Composing your "exit ticket": Go back to the painting you analyzed over the weekend. Employing at least one of the reading strategies we've talked about so far, add something to your original comment that you didn't understand or notice the first time around.
1. Bring a HARD COPY of meaningful and appropriate song lyrics to class tomorrow (in other words, there needs to be something of substance in there to analyze; avoid lyrics that may offend others).
2. Bring in the song itself and headphones.
3. You need your independent reading book and blue permission slip this Friday.