Focus: What are this class's policies and expectations of technology and independent reading?
If you have not done so yet, please turn in your signed class policies at the beginning of class.
1. Warm-up: Taking the technology oath! (And a surprise!)
2. Perusing and commenting on each other's "If You Really Knew Me" posts; please comment on at least TEN people's posts (feel free to include me); taking the blank seating chart challenge
3. Browsing books and understanding the purpose and focus of independent reading this semester
a. Please click HERE to join Goodreads; click HERE to preview the Goodreads app for your phone.
b. Take some time to browse Goodreads and figure out how it works.
c. Use Goodreads and the list on the independent reading letter/overview to help you start to determine what you'd like to read for independent reading this semester.
Click HERE for an overview of independent reading (also distributed in class as a handout).
4. Working on your independent reading proposal
1. If you're going to check out your book from the library, go ahead and check it out. If you're going to purchase it, go ahead and order it or figure out when you're going to get to the bookstore. The first day you will need your book is Friday, August 29.
2. Once you have decided on your book, ask your parents to sign the letter distributed in class today. This letter is also due Friday, August 29 (note: you will not be able to start your independent reading book until I have your parents' permission unless you selected a school-approved book).