1. Happy Monday journaling: Send a text to someone thanking them for something
Did you know...
- When your mind is in a happy state (as opposed to a negative or neutral state), you're significantly more efficient, competitive, and successful?
- "Doctors put in a positive mood before making a diagnosis show almost three times more intelligence and creativity than doctors in a neutral state, and they make accurate diagnoses 19 percent faster." (Achor The Happiness Advantage 15)
- "Optimistic salespeople outsell their pessimistic counterparts by 56 percent." (15)
- Students in a happy mood before taking a match achievement test receive significantly better scores on average than students in a neutral state of mind. (15)
- You can rewire your brain to become happier by performing certain tasks on a regular basis?
2. Telling you a little bit about my journey
3. Telling me a little bit about yourself through "Wordless Introductions"
4. Investigating the syllabus and your new student calendars
Write your name and my name inside your calendar.
Look carefully at the table of contents. Find five different pages/sections of your student calendar (aside from the pages where you record your assignments) that you think could be useful to you. Use the tabs in the back to mark these pages.
Please record my off hours on page 20. I am off 3rd each day and usually stick around for the first part of 4th. I'm also easy to find before school.
5. Explaining your first English 10 assignment (26 questions)
6. Enjoying a brief student scavenger hunt!
1. For TOMORROW (Tuesday): Please respond to the 26 question document handed out in class today. You may also access it by clicking HERE. I prefer this particular assignment to be handwritten, but you may type it if you wish (just bring a hard copy to class, please).
2. Bring your laptop class starting tomorrow (and every day thereafter); if you do not have one, please see Mr. Fisch TOMORROW (Tuesday); he will be in the trophy hallway the first 10 minutes of every period, plus the entirety of both lunches.
3. Signed class policies due Wednesday, August 20.
4. Make sure you have a functioning Google account/Blogger account (and that you remember your password!).