Focus: What strategies do we use to understand visual texts?
1. Warm-up: Rating the parts of your critical reading boot camp pre-test
2. Establishing your main reading strategy with a card trick from Ms. Leclaire: Using little clues to develop the larger picture
3. Applying your new reading strategy to a few paintings by Norman Rockwell
1. Please complete the NEW homework blog by THIS MONDAY ("Feast Your Eyes on This!"); try the reading strategies we practiced in class today.
2. Remember that you need a physical copy of your independent reading book and your signed permission form in class on Friday, August 29.